Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Community

Community
     In a world filled with computer screens, tablets, Iphones and Xboxes a part of our reality can get lost. Yep, I see the irony in this. I'm just some girl behind a screen. I think people get too immersed in their virtual worlds that they forget to build a community. Playing around on FaceBook or hanging out on Call of Duty is all fine and can lead to great conversations but are you making that your community? Or are you making that your escape from real life? Community is what you make of it and can lead to many great and surprising life experiences. 

     I've been lacking in that sense of community lately. I feel lost in a world full of people. I often times feel like that little girl in the Blind Melon music video, No Rain. She's in this world trying to find her place in it.  I know that feeling very well. I think at times many of us feel that way and it's okay as long as we do something about it. Sitting around and moping about our situations wont solve anything.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qVPNONdF58&noredirect=1 

    We must be agents of change. If you want something then you have to create steps in order to obtain it. I long for a community of people who understand my struggles with food, weight loss, life choices and my lifestyle. Some times this means joining more than one group in order to find a balance. Community is why I started this blog. I want to find people who know about or want to learn about exercise, yoga, weight loss, self-esteem, community and so much more.  As of right now I joined a Zumba class that I will start Monday. Meeting people and making connections is what being an adult is about. To be fair that is what life is about. Hey, don't get me wrong if you can find a way to seclude yourself from the world and be happy then who am I to say its wrong. However, this post isn't about people who are happy living like that. It's about wanting to be fulfilled in a world that involves other people. It's about finding people who fit your life and vice versa. What do you do when you want that sense of community? Do you have an suggestions? Change from within is easier said than done but change is more likely to happen if you surround yourself with positive influences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment